Scribblenauts Remix is a remake of Scribblenauts/Super Scribblenauts for iOS and Android devices. Version 1.0 was released on the 7th of October 2011, and initially cost £2.99/$4.99. It now costs $0.99 in the iOS App Store.
The Android version, released 10th of April 2013, costs £0.69/$0.99.
Scribblenauts Remix boasts a cel-shaded style as opposed to the simple sprites of the DS games.
Scribblenauts Remix contains most of the gameplay from Super Scribblenauts, including Adjectives, although some features such as the Level Editor are missing. The sandbox mode comes with a selection of backgrounds, with all but three being based on an annual US holiday. Additional backgrounds can also be purchased for $0.99 as DLC. Avatars have also been included, albeit in a limited fashion, with three included with the game Maxwell, God, and, the Lifeguard. You need to create a Scribblenauts account for the avatar Lily. As with the backgrounds, additional avatars can be purchased in themed packs for $0.99 each, or buy all avatar packs for $2.99.
The item limit that was part of Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts has carried over to Scribblenauts Remix, which means there's a limited amount of objects allowed at once, although this limitation isn't made as obvious in the DS games, with no meter. The only notification that no more items can be created is when the notebook appears grayed out and no more objects can be created.
Several sound effects have been removed as well; when you interact with a musical instrument, or if you use some other device that emits a sound, a visual will appear indicating the object is making a sound, but no actual sound is produced. Animals do not make sounds either. Some sound effects such as explosions and gunfire are still there.
Some objects available in Super Scribblenauts are not available in Scribblenauts Remix, such as many suits, transportation objects and weapons.
Also, you can no longer add adjectives to already created objects, or Maxwell himself. However, if you make a potion (such as nice potion) and click "use", whatever adjectives are added to the potion will be added to the object.
If the adjective "female" is added to an object, it will not produce the female variant. It simply shows a female sign.
Scribblenauts Remix gained a mainly favorable response, with 86% on Metacritic, 9/10 from IGN and 4/5 on iTunes. The comments have been mainly positive, with a few complaining about bugs they found in the game.
- CRASH: When clicking on the grey notebook the game crashes.
- The graphics in this game are similar to the ones shown in trailers for the original Scribblenauts.
- Nine backgrounds have been added, but three have been found in a glitch. The nine current backgrounds are Forest, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Kingdom, Desert, Classroom, Beach, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. (World Pass or DLC). The glitched ones were a rocky mountain area, a mix of the Christmas background and the forest terrain and a school yard.
- Players on the iPad 3, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S are able to use the built in voice-recognition (Siri) as a substitute for the keyboard.
- Scribblenauts Remix made a cameo appearance on one of the posters, along with LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 and Batman: Arkham City Lockdown in Midway Arcade.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|